We resume Sunday Night Bible Study this Sunday, July 23rd at 6:00 PM. We are thankful Doyle and Debbie Deaton will be hosting our time together. Their home is located at 9500 Deep Bottom Road.
We look forward to a great time of learning from the letter to the Ephesians. See you Sunday night!
I was listening to a Jeff Goins’ Portfolio Life podcast about the National Novel Writing Month when the interviewee, Grant Faulkner shared an important insight: “If you want to be successful, you’re going to have to plan for failure.” At first, I didn’t get it. But, then he began to explain how we all have…
via Are You Planning for Failure? — GraceTribe.us
Thanks to everyone who helped and supported Camp Out: Learning S’More about Jesus! Counting everyone, we had over 125 participants in Vacation Bible School this year. We also were able to provide fresh water for 107 children through our VBS offering. Plus, we made 88 “GUTSY” Bears for the Henrico County Police Department to use as comfort bears.
We also had great food and so much of it we got to share twice with the local Fire Department. Everything was so much fun, especially sharing the gospel of Jesus with the children.
Thanks to Four Mile Creek for hosting this cooperative ministry!
Let’s get straight to it. Here is your June newsletter. Plus, here is the June Calendar . Don’t forget Celebrate Varina at Dorey Park this Saturday, June 3rd from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM. See you there!
You are invited to come join us every week for worship and Sunday School at 1919 New Market Rd in Varina, VA. Our early service starts at 8:45 AM. Sunday School begins at 9:45 AM and our traditional service starts at 11:00 AM.
- May 17th – Join us for a time of prayer and seeking the Lord in our sanctuary. The service starts at 7:00 PM.
- May 25th – We will be having a Pre-Registration Dinner for Vacation Bible School at Four Mile Creek. The dinner will begin at 5:30 AM. Print out and fill out the registration form and bring it with you as we get ready for a fun filled Bible School “Camp Out” weekend, June 23 – 25. We are looking for volunteers to help prepare food on May 25 and o help out with our preschool class. There is also still an opening for the game station. Please contact Angela Ragland if you are interested in helping with VBS at email@example.com. or 432-4179.
- May 29th – There will be Memorial Day Program at the Fort Harrison National Cemetery. This is the third year we have participated in this program planned by the Richmond National Battlefield Park and each year the program has been very meaningful. The speaker at the program will be Al Barnes, who currently is the historian for the Virginia National Guard. His short talk is intended to be World War One-themed, since this is the centennial year for America’s entry into that conflict. We will be joined by the Honor Guard of the Henrico Division of Fire, as well as the Division of Fire Quartet, who will sing the national anthem. For anyone who wishes to sing with the choir, we will be practicing at 10:45 am that day, in the sanctuary and travelling together to the cemetery by church bus around 11:30 am. Guests are welcome to ride the church bus to the cemetery, or meet us there.
- June 3rd – Celebrate Varina is at Dorey Park from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM. If you would like to serve as a Laurel Hill Church or Weekday School witness that day, contact Margo Keeles or Barbara Wendel (795-2772).
- June 4th – Is our Graduation Sunday. During our 11:00 AM service, we will recognize our graduates and consecrate them for their future plans. We will also be sharing 1st Sunday Lunch together!
- June 16th – 18th – The 235th session of the Virginia Annual Conference will meet at Hampton Roads Convention Center (HRCC) in Hampton VA. We rejoice that we can take 160 Kits to Conference this year!
If anyone needs a copy of our Lay Leadership list, they can pick one up in the office. Thanks.
Posted in Missions, Upcoming Event, Weekday School
Tagged Camp Out, Celebrate Varina, Fort Harrison National Cemetery, Graduation Sunday, Kits for Conference, Laurel Hill UMC Weekday School, Laurel Hill United Methodist Church, Memorial Day, prayer, Vacation Bible School, Virginia Annual Conference, worship
The spring is a wonderful time of the year. Every farmer is sowing seeds with an abundant harvest in mind. Every gardener is envisioning savoring the fruits of their labor. All of us, coming off of a fresh celebration of the good news of Jesus’ resurrection can move forward trusting the Lord to work everything together for our good.
The good news on top of that good news is we can be co-laborers with the Lord in all that God does. Look for those opportunities to work with the Lord in bringing life, peace, and joy to those around you. Join us for worship in May as each Sunday we learn lessons from the prophet Daniel. (Early Service – 8:45 AM & Traditional Service – 11:00 AM)
Also, check this month’s newsletter and Calendar